Meet The Team at ACT Alcohol
Julie is the founder and Managing Director of ACT Alcohol Ltd which provides therapeutic specialist support to anyone needing professional assistance and guidance with resolving alcohol problems. She specialises in alcohol addiction and relationship therapy. She is the author of ‘The ACT Programme’ which identifies destructive cycles of thoughts and behaviour, promoting control and empowerment in the life of the individual. This approach is proven to be successful particularly with control issues and addictions.
Julie’s qualifications include a Certificate in Counselling Theory, a Certificate in Counselling Studies, an Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, a Diploma in NLP Coaching, Certificate in the Treatment of Addictions and Certificate in Sex & Relationship Therapy. She is also a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and Coaching Practitioner (BACP).
Senior Alcohol Counsellor
Louise is a trained Person-Centred Counsellor. Without being too technical, that means that the approach to counselling is a non-directive one which is led by you. You can talk to Louise in confidence without being judged and she can facilitate those changes within yourself in a safe, supportive environment. Louise volunteered with Victim Support for three years before joining ACT Alcohol in 2016 as the first member of the ACT team.
She has experience in many issues including,
- Abuse – Domestic, emotional, physical and sexual
- Anger issues
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills – 2011
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies – 2012
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – 201
- Victim Support Training
- Addictions Training – ACT Addictions Oct 2016 to da
Amy joined us in 2020 and is a trained Person-Centred Counsellor. She is currently studying to further her qualifications in working with children and young people, and frequently see youngsters at our Centre who are experiencing difficulties handling their emotions, self-harm, eating disorders, addictions to alcohol and/or substances.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills – 2016
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies – 2017
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – 2019
- Level 5 Diploma in Working with Children & Young People – current
- Addictions Training – ACT Alcohol ltd 2020
Alcohol Coach Therapist
Lisa is a Counsellor in training and Alcohol Coach-Therapist. She is in her fourth year of studying Counselling and is trained in person-centred therapy. Lisa also has a wealth of knowledge in alcohol support services and is passionate about helping people to break free from the confines of alcohol dependenc
- Level 2 Introduction to Counselling – 2018
- Alcohol Certified Coach-Therapist – 2019
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills – 2019
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills – 2020
- Registered student member of BACP – 2020
- Telephone and Online Counselling Training – 2020
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – currently studying